Join us for a line-up of fertility experts this summer! Whether you are a healthcare provider or just interested in learning a little more about your fertility, we have an event for you! .....
We believe women should have access to a full range of contraceptive options including natural ones. Natural family planning methods are often misunderstood or overlooked even by the medical community. But women, and especially educated women, are using them because modern fertility awareness-based methods of family planning are effective, free of side effects and they can be used both to plan and prevent pregnancies.
Why do women choose to use this fertility awareness-based method?
- No Side Effects - The #1 reason women tell us that they've chosen to use this natural method, is "concerns about side effects". In fact, over 40% cited this as their main reason. Click here to find out more about the side effects of common contraceptives.
- It's Effective - Women may not be willing to put up with side effects, but they still want their contraceptive method to be effective. CycleBeads and the method on which it is based, have been found to be highly effective both in perfect use and typical use. In fact, it is the most effective non-hormonal, user directed method in terms of typical use effectiveness. That's why so many women said that the fact that CycleBeads is "effective" was a key reason they chose it. Click here to find out more about our efficacy studies.
- It's Inexpensive - Women often tell us that they like how affordable it is to use a natural method. It’s not the first thing they are concerned about, but it is a consideration. See how CycleBeads compares in terms of costs to other contraceptive options.
Thanks for reading! This is # 5 of 5 in our series looking at our most recent infographic. Let us know if you have any questions on the information provided.
CycleBeads aren’t just about preventing pregnancy. Many women use this family planning method to help them get pregnant. In fact, since 2002 over 750,000 pregnancies have been successfully planned using this natural family planning option!
Surveys of women using CycleBeads to help them get pregnant showed that:
- 80% of women using CycleBeads to achieve pregnancy, were pregnant within 6 months and most of these women were pregnant within the first 3 months.
- Of those women who were successful in getting pregnant, 40% achieved pregnancy in the first month using CycleBeads to help them identify their fertile days.
- 90% of respondents used CycleBeads as their only conception aid. They did not invest in thermometers or expensive ovulation kits.
Click here to read more about our survey results.
This is post #4 out of 5 on our most recent infographic.
Since 2002 CycleBeads have been used by millions of women worldwide and prevented an estimated 4 million unplanned pregnancies. We're proud of the impact that this family planning tool has had in the lives of women all over the world, including many women living in areas with the most unmet need for contraception.
Unplanned pregnancies affect everyone – the woman, her family, and her community. Nearly ½ of unplanned pregnancies end in abortion. And unplanned pregnancies in general are associated with poor health outcomes for the mother, the child, and any living children that a woman may already have; they limit education and cause poverty.
This is part 3 of 5 in this series reviewing our latest infographic.
CycleBeads® and the Standard Days Method® on which it is based, is included in international and national medical guidelines as a modern, effective contraceptive. This includes guidelines issued by the World Health Organization and International Planned Parenthood Federation. It is classified by USAID as a High Impact Practice and included in the premier medical handbook on family planning – “Contraceptive Technology”.
Why is this important? It means that organizations that offer health services can feel comfortable offering this method, knowing its been vetted and validated.
This is part 2 of 5 in our series discussing our most recent infographic.
Did you see our most recent infographic? Let us break it down for you. Here's the first section...
As you can see by the countries marked in blue, CycleBeads are offered by health programs in nearly 60 countries from the Benin to Belgium, and every country in between. And women from another 40+ countries (gold) have taken the initiative to get CycleBeads directly.
That’s right – women in 100+ countries in all are using this natural family planning option to plan or prevent pregnancy!
How do they get them? CycleBeads are available in much of the world through healthcare providers, educators, retailers, NGO’s, national health services, and of course online! The method can also be used with the CycleBeads app on either an iPhone or an Android.
Want to learn more about health providers offering this family planning method? Click here to read the story of Cindy Hunter, a practicing midwife, who decided to travel to Haiti to help after the devastating January 2010 earthquake and took CycleBeads with her.
We are thrilled to announce the new Lite version of the iCycleBeads app for iOS devices! This free app is similar to the complete version of iCycleBeads in that you can effectively plan or prevent pregnancy just by tracking your period! It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the full version, but it does give you the information you need. We think everyone in the world should have the opportunity to test this family planning method out and see if it's right for them. Try it out and let us know what you think!
Cycle Technologies, the company that makes CycleBeads, has a new website. We love it! Check it out at www.CycleTechnologies.com.
Posted in: CycleBeads
Check out our new video which shows how to use the CycleBeads® smartphone app to prevent pregnancy, plan a pregnancy, or just to track your period. The app is extremely easy to use so the video only takes 2 minutes. CycleBeads is available on Apple and Android.
For more detailed information about CycleBeads smartphone apps, click here.