We hosted a fascinating webinar on July 23, 2014, on the topic of how fertility health and general health are interrelated. Ann Mullen, Director of Client Services at Cycle Technologies, interviewed fertility expert, Dr. Mary Lee Barron. They discussed important issues for men as well as for women regarding risk factors for fertility health and how these factors can be a marker for chronic disease. Here is a sample of the many important points talked about:
Don't miss our next webinar for anyone interested in health and fertility!
We will interview expert, Dr. Mary Lee Barron, on how fertility health is a marker for overall health in both men and women. As part of the discussion Dr. Barron will talk about her research and how it shines light on questions such as . . .
- Do men's biological clocks affect their fertility too?
- What does your BMI (body mass index) have to do with your fertility?
- What is your body telling you, if you have irregular cycles?
We are excited to discuss these and other questions with Dr. Barron. REGISTER HERE!
We love CycleBeads, but for women who prefer an individualized approach to identifying their fertile days, Cycle Technologies has launched the 2Day family planning app, the first and only iPhone app based on the TwoDay Method® of family planning.
This patent pending app is designed to help a woman track the only information that is really critical to knowing if she is on a day when pregnancy is possible or not:
1) Did I observe secretions today?
2) Did I observe secretions yesterday?
If the answer to either of these questions is "YES", then a woman should consider herself fertile. It's that simple.
Learn more at: twodaymethod.com
In case you missed it, last week we had a fantastic webinar looking at how health providers can include fertility awareness-based family planning options into the range of options for their clients. We were thrilled to have Dr. Victoria Jennings, director of the Institute for Reproductive Health, and Dr. Marguerite Duane, family physician and adjunct assistant professor at Georgetown University, presenting on the topic. Ann Mullen, Cycle Technologies' Director of Health Provider Services, hosted the presentation as these experts discussed the latest developments in fertility awareness-based family planning methods, a.k.a. "natural family planning methods". The presenters explored what works, what doesn't, and how a general healthcare practice can offer natural methods to their patients.
Main takeaways from the webinar included:
Good news! There are more effective birthcontrol options for women today than ever before. And while natural family planning options have been around for decades, they have been improved with newer research and advances in technology. The medical community has taken notice and is offering fertility awareness-based methods to their patients much more often.
But not all natural family planning methods are the same. The following infographic provides a snapshot of the scientifically-proven natural methods available to women and how they work. We want you to make an informed choice when deciding what method or methods are right for you so let us know if you have any questions.
Join us for a line-up of fertility experts this summer! Whether you are a healthcare provider or just interested in learning a little more about your fertility, we have an event for you! .....
We believe women should have access to a full range of contraceptive options including natural ones. Natural family planning methods are often misunderstood or overlooked even by the medical community. But women, and especially educated women, are using them because modern fertility awareness-based methods of family planning are effective, free of side effects and they can be used both to plan and prevent pregnancies.
Why do women choose to use this fertility awareness-based method?
- No Side Effects - The #1 reason women tell us that they've chosen to use this natural method, is "concerns about side effects". In fact, over 40% cited this as their main reason. Click here to find out more about the side effects of common contraceptives.
- It's Effective - Women may not be willing to put up with side effects, but they still want their contraceptive method to be effective. CycleBeads and the method on which it is based, have been found to be highly effective both in perfect use and typical use. In fact, it is the most effective non-hormonal, user directed method in terms of typical use effectiveness. That's why so many women said that the fact that CycleBeads is "effective" was a key reason they chose it. Click here to find out more about our efficacy studies.
- It's Inexpensive - Women often tell us that they like how affordable it is to use a natural method. It’s not the first thing they are concerned about, but it is a consideration. See how CycleBeads compares in terms of costs to other contraceptive options.
Thanks for reading! This is # 5 of 5 in our series looking at our most recent infographic. Let us know if you have any questions on the information provided.
CycleBeads aren’t just about preventing pregnancy. Many women use this family planning method to help them get pregnant. In fact, since 2002 over 750,000 pregnancies have been successfully planned using this natural family planning option!
Surveys of women using CycleBeads to help them get pregnant showed that:
- 80% of women using CycleBeads to achieve pregnancy, were pregnant within 6 months and most of these women were pregnant within the first 3 months.
- Of those women who were successful in getting pregnant, 40% achieved pregnancy in the first month using CycleBeads to help them identify their fertile days.
- 90% of respondents used CycleBeads as their only conception aid. They did not invest in thermometers or expensive ovulation kits.
Click here to read more about our survey results.
This is post #4 out of 5 on our most recent infographic.