Join us for a line-up of fertility experts this summer! Whether you are a healthcare provider or just interested in learning a little more about your fertility, we have an event for you! .....
Posts in: CycleBeads
Why do women choose to use this fertility awareness-based method?
- No Side Effects - The #1 reason women tell us that they've chosen to use this natural method, is "concerns about side effects". In fact, over 40% cited this as their main reason. Click here to find out more about the side effects of common contraceptives.
- It's Effective - Women may not be willing to put up with side effects, but they still want their contraceptive method to be effective. CycleBeads and the method on which it is based, have been found to be highly effective both in perfect use and typical use. In fact, it is the most effective non-hormonal, user directed method in terms of typical use effectiveness. That's why so many women said that the fact that CycleBeads is "effective" was a key reason they chose it. Click here to find out more about our efficacy studies.
- It's Inexpensive - Women often tell us that they like how affordable it is to use a natural method. It’s not the first thing they are concerned about, but it is a consideration. See how CycleBeads compares in terms of costs to other contraceptive options.
Thanks for reading! This is # 5 of 5 in our series looking at our most recent infographic. Let us know if you have any questions on the information provided.
CycleBeads aren’t just about preventing pregnancy. Many women use this family planning method to help them get pregnant. In fact, since 2002 over 750,000 pregnancies have been successfully planned using this natural family planning option!
Surveys of women using CycleBeads to help them get pregnant showed that:
- 80% of women using CycleBeads to achieve pregnancy, were pregnant within 6 months and most of these women were pregnant within the first 3 months.
- Of those women who were successful in getting pregnant, 40% achieved pregnancy in the first month using CycleBeads to help them identify their fertile days.
- 90% of respondents used CycleBeads as their only conception aid. They did not invest in thermometers or expensive ovulation kits.
Click here to read more about our survey results.
This is post #4 out of 5 on our most recent infographic.
Did you see our most recent infographic? Let us break it down for you. Here's the first section...
As you can see by the countries marked in blue, CycleBeads are offered by health programs in nearly 60 countries from the Benin to Belgium, and every country in between. And women from another 40+ countries (gold) have taken the initiative to get CycleBeads directly.
That’s right – women in 100+ countries in all are using this natural family planning option to plan or prevent pregnancy!
How do they get them? CycleBeads are available in much of the world through healthcare providers, educators, retailers, NGO’s, national health services, and of course online! The method can also be used with the CycleBeads app on either an iPhone or an Android.
Want to learn more about health providers offering this family planning method? Click here to read the story of Cindy Hunter, a practicing midwife, who decided to travel to Haiti to help after the devastating January 2010 earthquake and took CycleBeads with her.
Cycle Technologies, the company that makes CycleBeads, has a new website. We love it! Check it out at www.CycleTechnologies.com.
Posted in: CycleBeads
Check out our new video which shows how to use the iCycleBeads smartphone app to prevent pregnancy, plan a pregnancy, or just to track your period. The app is extremely easy to use so the video only takes 2 minutes. iCycleBeads is available on Apple and Android.
For more detailed information about iCycleBeads Smartphone apps, click here.
Register for this Introductory CycleBeads Training for health providers on Tuesday, May 6th. This will be the last training session specifically on this family planning method for Spring 2014. Stay tuned for upcoming educational webinars and activities on other topics in the next couple of months as part of the CT EduSeries!
Leslie Heyer, founder of Cycle Technologies spoke at the recent DevTech – Innovative Solutions for Poverty Alleviation event at the Embassy of Sweden in Washington, DC on April 9th 2014.
Heyer presented to a group of global thought leaders discussing solutions to decrease poverty with cost efficient, impactful solutions. Click here to view a clip of the discussion.
When I decided to try CycleBeads, I was really nervous. I was just starting grad school and my husband was just finishing. We were both students and getting pregnant would have been a nightmare.
I know a lot of women in my situation would have said that I should use an IUD or the pill, but I've tried both and it did not go well. With the IUD I had terrible cramping and bled. With the pill, I was sick ALL THE TIME. Seriously - every minute of the day. It felt like an impossible situation.
Please join us for a live CycleBeads Webinar: Introductory Training for Healthcare Providers on Tuesday, April 8, 2014, at 2:00 p.m. ET/11:00 a.m. PT. Register now!
This is a one-hour webinar designed for healthcare professionals who are interested in finding out about CycleBeads and the Standard Days Method (a fertility awareness-based method) and how to offer it to patients. . . . .
"I had so much trouble finding information online about natural contraceptives and almost gave up. I asked my midwife if she knew about CycleBeads, and she said yes! I was almost dumbfounded that she knew of it, and she said that she has patients that use it with great results preventing pregnancies. I could've just used a calendar, but am so glad I got the beads instead. Being able to visualize something as important as your fertility is more profoundly helpful and fun than just seeing a chart in the dresser drawer. Finding CycleBeads has opened the world of natural contraceptives to me. I proudly hang my CycleBeads on my bedroom wall by the bed. They're pretty and my husband doesn't have to ask me all the time where I am fertility wise because he can see! Unlike 'the pill' or the like, which make you unfertile while using them, CycleBeads keep you aware of being fertile and you feel good about it. Haha, I can't wait to get some Deluxe Cyclebeads, but my hubby worries I'll wear them as a necklace. I have the basic set, and yes, I have contemplated wearing them as a necklace. Your www.IRH.org website has so much info on the Fertility Awareness Method*. Thanks. *Editor’s note – the www.irh.org website is the website of the Institute for Reproductive Health, the research organization that developed CycleBeads . IRH is a separate organization with which Cycle Technologies often works, but is not affiliated."