Posts in: Birth Control Options
Cycle Technologies has added a TwoDay Method presentation to its EduSeries videos. Learn about this very effective, simple natural family planning method in a 20-minute recorded presentation. In this episode, Ann Mullen, Director of Health Education, interviews Jeannette Cachan, an expert on the TwoDay Method.
Discussion topics include: What is the Two Day Method? How does it work? How effective is this method? What is the basis of this methodology?
Stay tuned for a live Q&A on the method to be announced later in October.
We love CycleBeads, but for women who prefer an individualized approach to identifying their fertile days, Cycle Technologies has launched the 2Day family planning app, the first and only iPhone app based on the TwoDay Method® of family planning.
This patent pending app is designed to help a woman track the only information that is really critical to knowing if she is on a day when pregnancy is possible or not:
1) Did I observe secretions today?
2) Did I observe secretions yesterday?
If the answer to either of these questions is "YES", then a woman should consider herself fertile. It's that simple.
Learn more at: twodaymethod.com
Good news! There are more effective birthcontrol options for women today than ever before. And while natural family planning options have been around for decades, they have been improved with newer research and advances in technology. The medical community has taken notice and is offering fertility awareness-based methods to their patients much more often.
But not all natural family planning methods are the same. The following infographic provides a snapshot of the scientifically-proven natural methods available to women and how they work. We want you to make an informed choice when deciding what method or methods are right for you so let us know if you have any questions.
Why do women choose to use this fertility awareness-based method?
- No Side Effects - The #1 reason women tell us that they've chosen to use this natural method, is "concerns about side effects". In fact, over 40% cited this as their main reason. Click here to find out more about the side effects of common contraceptives.
- It's Effective - Women may not be willing to put up with side effects, but they still want their contraceptive method to be effective. CycleBeads and the method on which it is based, have been found to be highly effective both in perfect use and typical use. In fact, it is the most effective non-hormonal, user directed method in terms of typical use effectiveness. That's why so many women said that the fact that CycleBeads is "effective" was a key reason they chose it. Click here to find out more about our efficacy studies.
- It's Inexpensive - Women often tell us that they like how affordable it is to use a natural method. It’s not the first thing they are concerned about, but it is a consideration. See how CycleBeads compares in terms of costs to other contraceptive options.
Thanks for reading! This is # 5 of 5 in our series looking at our most recent infographic. Let us know if you have any questions on the information provided.
Check out our new video which shows how to use the CycleBeads® smartphone app to prevent pregnancy, plan a pregnancy, or just to track your period. The app is extremely easy to use so the video only takes 2 minutes. CycleBeads is available on Apple and Android.
For more detailed information about CycleBeads smartphone apps, click here.
Leslie Heyer, founder of Cycle Technologies spoke at the recent DevTech – Innovative Solutions for Poverty Alleviation event at the Embassy of Sweden in Washington, DC on April 9th 2014.
Heyer presented to a group of global thought leaders discussing solutions to decrease poverty with cost efficient, impactful solutions. Click here to view a clip of the discussion.
Please join us for a live CycleBeads Webinar: Introductory Training for Healthcare Providers on Tuesday, April 8, 2014, at 2:00 p.m. ET/11:00 a.m. PT. Register now!
This is a one-hour webinar designed for healthcare professionals who are interested in finding out about CycleBeads and the Standard Days Method (a fertility awareness-based method) and how to offer it to patients. . . . .
On Minnesota Public Radio recently, experts from the Institute for Reproductive Health (IRH) at Georgetown University, and the Guttmacher Institute discussed the state of birth control in the U.S. IRH did a great job of outlining their top 5 takeaways from the discussion on their blog.
The takeaways include...
Please join us for a live CycleBeads Webinar: Introductory Training for Healthcare Providers on Thursday, February 27, 2014, at 2:00 p.m. ET/11:00 a.m. PT. Register now!
This one-hour webinar is for healthcare professionals interested in finding out about this fertility awareness-based method and how to offer it to patients. . . . .
"After using other methods of birth control, my husband and I decided to try CycleBeads. They are easy to use and have worked wonderfully for us. We have a nice family of three, including our Black Lab, Sadie (shown in photo with me), and we want to keep it that way for now! I recommend this natural, safe and reliable way to anyone who wants to avoid toxic substances while sharing the responsibility of birth control with her partner."