We hosted a fascinating webinar on July 23, 2014, on the topic of how fertility health and general health are interrelated. Ann Mullen, Director of Client Services at Cycle Technologies, interviewed fertility expert, Dr. Mary Lee Barron. They discussed important issues for men as well as for women regarding risk factors for fertility health and how these factors can be a marker for chronic disease. Here is a sample of the many important points talked about:
- There are risk factors for fertility that a person cannot modify, such as age. This goes for men, too!
- There are a number risk factors that a person can modify to improve fertility, such as reducing alcohol consumption, getting good-quality sleep, and following a fertility-friendly diet.
- Erectile dysfunction can be a marker for cardiovascular disease.
- Personal lubricants are harmful to sperm. If you wish to get pregnant, try Pre-Seed lubricant instead.
- Caffeine has not been shown to be detrimental to fertility.
If you missed the webinar and would like to find out the other fertility-health facts discussed, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain further information.
Don't miss upcoming EduSeries events sponsored by Cycle Technologies. Check back for announcements!
Reproductive Health and The Workplace (men's health)